Project Management NQF 4
The primary purpose of the qualification is to provide learners with:
•A foundation of basic project management knowledge and skills which can be used to build further related competencies.
• Competence to be an effective project team member.
• Competence to provide administrative support to a project manager and team members.
• Competence to provide assistance to a project manager of medium to large projects.
This qualification is directed at learners working:
• As contributing team members on a moderately complex to complex project when not a leader or;
• As a leader in the context of a simple project/sub-project.
A simple project/sub-project is seen to be one that involves few resources and has a limited impact on stakeholders and the environment. These projects may be technical projects, business projects, government projects or community development projects and will cut across a range of economic sectors. This qualification is also of value to learners running their own business, as project management is an integral component of any business system. Qualifying learners working on a project will have the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to function more effectively and in a professional manner, add value to their job performance and enhance their ability to follow and implement policies and procedures. On achieving the applied competencies of the Qualification, learners may advance their career opportunities further into project administration, support services or management within an organisation, in all sectors.
Don’t need to do a full learnership? We also offer Skills Programmes which break down full learnerships into shorter accredited modules.